Columbia University’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions is looking for qualified current students for a Video Production Internship. The Video Production Intern will support the Undergraduate Admissions office for the creation of multimedia content. The intern will get to play a role in developing dynamic, professional quality material for prospective and admitted students and gain a wide variety of production skills and experiences in the process.
This is a valuable opportunity to develop experience in marketing and communications and help share the Columbia experience with prospective students and families. The semester-long internship will begin in mid-February and includes a stipend. Hours will be flexible and determined prior to the start of the internship.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create an agreed upon number of short videos such as welcome messages for admitted students, features on student life, housing, research, New York City, etc.
- Booking shoots and organizing production schedule
- Coordinating video production shoots, lighting and gripping
- Editing and compressing videos, submitting for approval
- Current Columbia College or Columbia Engineering undergraduate
- Experience with video-editing software, such as Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier, etc.
- Access to video and editing equipment, through school or personal means
- Basic lighting knowledge
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and be punctual
- Resourceful and innovative; creative/strategic thinker
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and samples of their previous work via e-mail to Edward Truong, Admissions Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, January 31.