What: A&E and the New York Television Festival are seeking treatments for original unscripted TV shows from independent producers and doc production companies. The top 25 treatments will be reviewed by the network; five finalist projects will receive development funding from the network and one winner earning $10,000 and the opportunity to participate in pilot production based on their concept. It is free to enter.
Requirements: The A&E network is seeking submissions that focus on big characters in exciting and fresh worlds that are highly entertaining and of the moment. Producers must include:
* A short treatment (1-2 pages) describing their original unscripted format
* A brief video (2-4 minutes) introducing the subject(s).
* 25 semi-finalists will be presented to A&E development executives. All semi-finalists are invited to participate in the 2012 New York Television Festival, Oct 22-27, as Official Artists (details below).
* Five finalists, selected by A&E, will receive notes on their projects and $2,500 to shoot additional tape.
* One winner, selected by A&E, will be awarded $10,000 and the opportunity to participate in pilot production.
Submission Period Opens: Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Final Deadline: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 (noon)
For more information, please visit: www.nytvf.com/2012_ae_pipeline.html