The Company: The Tournées Festival (www.facecouncil.org/tournees) is a program of FACE (French-American Cultural Exhange) and the Cultural Services of the French Embassy; it is a grant-giving program that distributes $220,000 annually to over 100 universities in order to promote French film screenings on college and university campuses.
The Job: The internship offers the opportunity to work with professionals of diverse areas: university professors, film professionals, and French Embassy and FACE staff in order to promote and administer the program, which is largest grant program of its kind in this field. The internship begins in February 2010, a key moment of the program’s annual calendar, and the intern will discover first-hand how the program works.
The intern will work on several projects:
– Help write and edit the program brochure for the 2010-2011 season with new films and guidelines
– Participate in the promotion of the new season of the program across the United States
– Respond to inquiries, by phone and email, from current participants and prospective applicants
– Assist in processing post-screening information forms sent by universities
– Help in processing applications for the grant deadlines (July 1st and October 1st)
– Help in preparing the meeting of the selection committee
The Commitment: February, 2010 through July, 2010; the Internship is unpaid
Qualifications: – Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
– Strong communications skills (the work requires substantial communication, written and otherwise, with university professors)
– Computer proficiency; knowledge of Approach for Mac a plus.
– Interest in French and Francophone cinema.
– French language a plus.
To Apply: Please send résumés and inquiries to email@example.com